fredag den 13. februar 2009

Oh, Happy monk!

This practice brings me such joy that I want everyone in the entire universe to be doing it! I know, "greedy, greedy!!!!!" But I can't help it.

I was certainly afraid in the beginning. Of failing! I mean, I was good at accomplishing things --- and then this koan practice? I had to fight myself for years, somehow knowing that this would be the most direct path for me. But, maybe not really, really wanting to break through. Then there are no more good excuses. So I thought.

With a strong teacher, there is no possibility of "pseudo-insight", intellectual musings or psychological games. OK, of course there is, but the more I just sit with koans, the more I meet with my teacher, the more clearly I can sort out what is what --- and really take responsibility for it. I live more living-ly because of this and the compassion I feel stems from knowing what all this truly is and not from a "feeling" of thinking, "this is right, this is a pity, etc."

Ingen kommentarer: